Solar photovoltaic system or Solar power system is one of renewable energy system which uses PV modules to convert sunlight into electricity. The electricity generated can be either stored or used directly, fed back into grid line or combined with one or more other electricity generators or more renewable energy source. Solar PV system is very reliable and clean source of electricity that can suit a wide range of applications such as residence, industry, agriculture, livestock, etc.
Major system components : Solar PV system includes
different components that should be selected according to your system type, site location and applications.
The major components for solar PV system are solar charge controller, inverter, battery bank, auxiliary energy sources and loads (appliances).
• PV module – converts sunlight into DC electricity.
• Solar charge controller – regulates the voltage and current coming from the PV panels going to
battery and prevents battery overcharging and prolongs the battery life.
• Inverter – converts DC output of PV panels or wind turbine into a clean AC current for AC
appliances or fed back into grid line.
• Battery – stores energy for supplying to electrical appliances when there is a demand.
• Load – is electrical appliances that connected to solar PV system such as lights, radio, TV, computer,
• Auxiliary energy sources – is diesel generator or other renewable energy sources